Music isn’t one thing. Musicians shouldn’t be either.
I hold a Doctorate in Music Performance and a Masters in Theory. I hang my hat with the banjo pickers and ballad singers in the Piedmont folk scene. I know my way around a classroom as well as a stage.
These days a lot of folks know me as the banjo player with The Zinc Kings. It’s been my honor to plays with those fine folks for about 5 years.
I play tuba regularly with the Giannini Brass, and the brass quintets of the Greensboro and Winston-Salem Symphonies.
Yeah, that’s right: I play tuba and banjo. I’m my own Far Side cartoon.
A short list of cool things I’ve done:
- Artist Teacher of Tuba and Euphonium at Grand Valley State University
- Assistant Dean of Students, Brevard Music Center
- Assistant Program Manager, Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp
- Two-time showcase performer at the Folk Alliance International Conference
- Played tuba with Sarah McLachlan- yeah, that actually happened, and it was as cool as a tuba player dreams it could be